I’ve worked as a teacher, researcher, trainer, writer and advocate in a range of different environments, and currently provide services in a freelance capacity. I’m familiar with the conventions of different sectors and policy areas and can work with a diverse range of stakeholders. I’ve designed and delivered best-practice professional development training for health and human service providers, and other organisations. I’ve published extensively – books, feature articles, web content, and an on-line resource. My primary aim in all the work I do is to create a more inclusive, welcoming, and equitable society for LGBTIQ people – one that celebrates and values our unique contribution.
- Project Coordinator, Gender and Sexuality, VincentCare (present)
- Subject Matter Expert, Litmos (formerly Learning seat) – 2018
- Writer, Trainer, and Educator (1999 – present)
- Member, Victorian Government LGBTI Taskforce, Health and Human Services Working Group (2015 – present)
- Casual Associate, Synergistiq: Human Rights and Social Justice Consultancy (2015 )
- Disability Liaison Officer, Equity and Access Unit, La Trobe University (1994 – 1998)
- Women’s Research Officer, Student Representative Council, La Trobe University (1990 – 1994)
- Teacher, English and Humanities, Haverstock Secondary School, London (1986 – 1989)
- Fellow, Leadership in Civil Society, Australian Progress, 2014
- Post Graduate Certificate of Professional Writing (Deakin University, 1999)
- MA Women’s Studies (La Trobe University, 1995)
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Cambridge University, 1985)
- BA (Hons) English (University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1984)
I live in Melbourne with my partner of 27 years, Sarah, and our three children, aged 11, 13, and 16. And our dog, Cooper (aged 2).