I have been publishing my writing in a range of print and on-line media for over 20 years. My work includes: two books of non-fiction, chapters/stories in anthologies, feature articles, factual web content, interviews, case studies, opinion pieces, letters, and personal stories. My work is always supported by careful, well-researched evidence, or by my or other people’s lived experience. I’ve published in both the mainstream and LGBTIQ press.
I researched and wrote OUTspoken Families, an online resource kit, which involved conducting 40+ lengthy interviews, and working with researchers, advocates and community members. I analysed responses, extrapolated common themes and presented the findings in an accessible and user-friendly format.
I’ve conducted numerous interviews over the years. I listen carefully and ask the right questions to elicit interesting and pertinent answers and I write those stories respectfully, with clarity and authenticity.
I can turn my pen – or keyboard – to almost anything. If you need something written, please contact me and we can discuss it further.
Some of my writing projects
- A series of six personal stories based on interviews with business owners and shoppers from Union Road for the Moonee Valley City Council, ‘Love you Local’ project.
- An overarching narrative for a 12 episode series for Joy 94.9, based on lengthy and detailed interviews with a six-person group.
- The Purple Bomber in From the Outer, Footy Like You’ve Never Heard It: Edited by Nicole Hayes and Alicia Sometimes: Black Inc. Press, 2016
- OUTSpoken Families: A Resource Kit for Rainbow Families – an on-line resource for same-sex and transgender families and health and human service providers, involving the collection and analysis of qualitative data from over 40 LGBT families, 2015
- Feature articles in a range of publications including The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian, Women’s Weekly, Melbourne Child on a diverse range of subjects
- Original web material for the Victorian Assisted Reproductive Treatment Authority (VARTA) on issues relating to donor-conceived children and non-biological parents
- A series of case studies extrapolated from detailed interviews around the subject of ‘Learn Locals’, and qualitative data collection tools in the area of social inclusion for – Synergistiq
- A well-respected blog about issues facing the LGBTIQ community with posts on rainbow families, marriage equality, social inclusion, chaplaincy and Special Religious Instruction, LGBTIQ and the law, transgender issues, and a range of personal stories about LGBTIQ leaders
- The Infertility Handbook: A Guide to Making Babies (Allen and Unwin, 2003)
- A Girls Own Adventure: Across Africa, Any Way, Any How (New Holland, 2002)
- Dear Mr XY: Chapter in Sperm Wars, The Rights and Wrongs of Reproduction (ABC Books, 2005)
- Unravelling the fabric of society…again: Chapter in Narratives of Reproduction (La Trobe University English Review, 2002)